Monday, September 10, 2012

Tomorrow Starts the Countdown..

Oi tudo bem?!

No I think you were right, its week 49 or 50, not sure anymore, but I know that tomorrow will be the start of the countdown for me coming back home, cause my last day on the mish will be 11th of September 2013.

Well, not too much time to write this week, but this week has gone well, really busy and a little stressful, being district leader brings a lot more work. It wouldn't be that bad, just that my district is probably the biggest district in the mission, so i´ve got to take care of 8 other missionaries. In response to your question, District Leader is pretty much the same as any other missionary, just that I am in charge of doing baptismal interviews, I have to give a 2 hour long training during district meeting every week, I have to do splits with each companionship for each transfer, and I have to call each companionship every other day or so, see how their week is going, their lessons, contacts, investigators, etc. And then report everything to the Zone Leaders afterwards. I thought the missionary life was busy before this, but now it´s crazy haha. For example, today's P´day, tomorrow we have district meeting, so I have to plan and prepare the training, Wednesday will be the interview for Pedro and Silvia, Thursday, the interview for someone in Colonia Rio Grande(other area in my district) Friday another interview in downtown São José, Saturday morning Pedro and Silvia´s wedding, Saturday afternoon, the baptism, and Sunday, Stake Conference. And with all that, we still have to find a way to manage all of our numbers (lessons, street contacts, etc.) It´s a crazy life. Just one more year. Haha jk.

But other than that, this week has been good. I had a meeting in Portão with all the other new DL´s, so that was fun, and then yesterday, I was super sick , but I pretty much got over it by the end of the day. I scored a lot of wife points yesterday haha. By the way ´´wife points´´ is like a game that the missionaries play in out mission. For example, you gain wife points by continuing doing proselyting in the rain even though you forgot your umbrella, or when you´re super sick and can hardly walk, but you decide to work the whole day through even though you´ve already finished your numbers and everything for the week. Things like that. You lose wife points when you drop your Book of Mormon or mess up really bad in a lesson, or stuff like that. Haha, it´s dumb, but you do what you have to do to have fun on the mission.

But other than that, the week went well, I´m happy to still be in the area, I wouldn't mind another 3 months here, but for sure I´m staying at least another month and a half. My comp is doing great, we get along fine together. Baptisms on Saturday!!!!

Elder Victor Trevisanut

No comments:

Post a Comment