Monday, June 18, 2012

Transferred to Sao Jose dos Pinhais!

Oi tudo bem!?!

Well, another week has passed by, it´s been a long one, but really good. Like I thought I got transferred, it was really sad to say bye to everyone in Fazenda. On Tuesday, we didnt get too much work done because we spent the whole day running around the city saying bye to everyone. But thats how it is on the mission, you have to say alot of goodbye´s. 

So on transfer day was pretty sweet. In Barigui, we had the transfer conference, and there were a ton of my friends there. I got to talk to Elder HArper for a while for the first time in 5 months, he got transferred to be a zone leader. I also got to talk to Elder Buerkle a bunch, he´s going to Paranagua (the beach), and Elder Medeiros was there too. He got transferred from Prudentopolis and now we´re in the same zone! I was pretty excited about that. Also Elder Hobbs from my MTC district got called to be the new assistant to the president. Everyone was freaking out cause he only has 9 months on the mission, it´s still crazy to think about.

But anyways, I got transferred to São José dos Pinhais, in the area Bom Pastor. São José dos Pinhais is a city right outside of Curitiba, but there´s only about a 30 second city break in between Curitiba and São José, so it´s pretty much the same thing. Every transfer I get closer and closer to the Curitiba! Preudentopolis was 4 hours, Fazenda Rio Grande was 30 minutes, and now it´s only 30 seconds. Haha, one day I´ll serve in the city. But anyways Bom Pastor is an awesome area. It´s the area of the airport, so there are always planes coming in and leaving, it´s pretty cool. My comp´s name is Elder López, he´s from Spokane, and he´s really cool, we´ve got a bunch in common. He´s got 17 mnths on the mission, and we work pretty well together, we´ve got tons of plans for this new area, I think we're gonna have a bunch of success. It´s gonna be great. The Ward is great here. Our bishop is american, he´s from Texas and moved here because of his fiance who´s brasilian. He stopped by our apartment the first night that I was here, to meet me and he ended up trying to fix our fridge, and ended up killing all the lights on our block haha. 

The area is great, we´ve got 3 baptisms lined up for the near future, so we´ll see how that goes. We´ve also found some pretty good investigators this week, so it´s looking pretty promising here. But I´m running out of time, congrats to eric for graduation and everything, I hope everyone is doing well back home, and I´ll talk to you next week.

Love,

Elder Trevisanut

2 comments:

  1. Eu não acredito que o Elder Trevisanut tinha um blog também. Bem, ele esteve trabalhando em minha Ala e é um excelente missionário!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not believe that Elder Trevisanut had a blog, too. He has been working in my ward and is an execellent missionary.

    ReplyDelete