Monday, June 11, 2012

I Can´t Really Explain It, But It Was Just Awesome

Oi tudo bem?!

Well this week has been a lot better than last week. And a bunch has happened, so I better type quick.
 
 On Monday night(last week), it was pretty much the worst it has been with my companion, it was pretty ridiculous. I called the other missionaries that live with us to help me out, and talk with my comp, because we literally got home from Curitiba,  and I was ready to go out and work, and he just got changed into regular clothes and went to bed. I was kinda fed up, but when the other elders got here, we had a REALLY long talk, and it seemed like we had worked out a lot of the problems that we had, and since then things have been so much better. We have been able to work really well this week, and even found a bunch of new investigators. 
 
Right now we´re really focusing on two in specific, Kelvin, who is 18 years old, he just lost 2 of his best friends in a car accident, and has been kind of depressed lately. But he has been really accepting of the lessons. We´ve also been teaching a guy named Nelson. He stopped us in the street a few weeks ago and asked us if we could stop by, cause he has been having some difficulties in his life. He´s pretty cool, he lived in London for 7 years, so he speaks pretty good english too. So thats been fun. Not much else new with the work. This week being the last week of the transfer, I pretty much went crazy doing contacts. The mission standard is 10 contacts every day per missionary (a contact being talking with someone on the street or at the store and trying to get their address :P) but this week I´ve been doing like 20 or 30 every day, it´s been pretty fun. And not to mention it´s been really cold and raining all week, but it´s been good. 
 
I dont remember if the united states has the yearly program ´´helping hands´´ or not but here in Brasil it´s called Mãos que Ajudam´´ and for our wards service project, we´re collecting rice and beans in soda bottles and distribuiting them to families in need, our ward had already collected a bunch, I think like 200 pounds of rice and beans. But anyways, this week we had a big activity to help the program, it was pretty much just a huge dance and you had to bring a kilo of rice or beans to get in. It was pretty fun. Here in Southern Brasil, it´s kinda like the Texas of Brasil, so the old culture here is kinda cowboyish, (called Caipira or Gaucho). But I´m really starting to like country dancing... What is happening to me?! Who woulda thought......  I remember one time in Rexburg, I paid 5 bucks to get into a dance, and it turned out ot be a country danc, and I literally turned around and left after like 2 minutes. But hey, I guess the mission changes people hahaha.
 
Also, this week was the dedication of the Temple in Manaus, Brasil. So that was a pretty big deal, everyone here was going crazy. Saturday night there was a huge festival in manaus that got streamed here in curitiba so we could watch it. It was pretty similar to the Dance Festival that we had, it brought back tons of memories, but it was pretty cool.
 
The next day was the dedication, and it was a really great experience. I can´t really explain it, but it was just awesome. It was just like being in the temple, even though we were just in a stake center here in curitiba. President Uchtdorf dedicated the temple and Elder Cook and Elder Walker(of the seventy) were there too. It was a great experience. If I could give any advice, I would say that you all need to make it more of a habit to go to the temple. People sacrifice and sacrifice for years to have a temple in their area, and when they finally get one, they always set temple trips to the side. But it´s really important that we all make it a part of our weekly schedule. I cant wait till I get home and I can go to the temple more often.
 
Oh and tell Eric congrats on graduation, eagle project, and Prom. They both looked great in that picture, even though I think he woulda looked better with a white tux and pink tie... but thats just me ;). 
 
But anyways, I am outta time, I talked too much, and now I have not time to write President!! So I gotta go! Miss you all, I´m pretty sure I´m getting transferred tomorrow, so I´ll let you all know where I´m going!! Pray that I go to Paranaguá(the beach) cause it´s SOO cold here!!! Tchau, até mais!!!

Love,

Elder Trevisanut

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great week!!! The temple dedication must have been special! good luck with transfers!
    Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete