Monday, April 9, 2012

I felt like Larry Fitzgerald catching cinderblocks...

Feliz Páscoa pra todos!!

E ai, tudo bem, this week has been good we´ve worked a bunch, and I´m finally seeing results out here! Haha.

This week we have found some good new investigators, and have been working hard with the ones we already had, and they are all going well. This week, we´re gonna work hard on getting a lot of firm baptis dates with all of them, cause they are all on their way. At church yesterday, we had 8 INVESTIGATORS at church! We were pretty excited, 8 is a pretty big number here, so we were pretty pumped that all of our work is showing results.

The family that I talked about last week is coming along great, we found them through an inactive member, Márcio, and he´s been coming with us to our lessons with them, which is great too, because he´s started coming back to church, so we´re kinda hitting two birds with one stone. The bishop here loves us because we´re doing a bunch to try to help inactives come back.

We were also walking around the other night doing contacts because our appointment fell through, and this lady came up to us and asked us if we could come by and teach her son about the gospel. She said she always sees the mormon missionaries walking and talking with people, and she always wanted to talk to them but never got the chance. She said that she wants her son to be a missionary like us haha. So we stoppped by her house the next day and taught them both the first lesson and they really liked it. They are both really great, and she treated us really well like we were angels or something, and after the lesson, her son came with us for our next appointment too!! We try so hard getting the youth from the church to come and do splits with us, but this time we got a non member who we just met to come out with us, it was crazy. His name is Samuel, and he thinks serving a mission would be really cool, we couldn´t believe it that night.

Also, we had a service project this week on wednesday morning, one of the members needed help pretty much taking apart his house so he could use the peices to build a new one. So we brought like 30 other priesthood holders from the ward, and we pretty much destroyed the house, it was crazy. The house was huge, so we were out there for like 5 hours, the whole time, I was on the ground level catching roof tiles. But here in brasil, the roofs are made out of brick, and each roof tile weighed like 10 pounds. So there were a few guys on the roof (like 20 feet up) chucking roof tiles down at me, and I had to catch them without letting them break. It was pretty much like the machines that shoot football´s at you, I had to catch it, and stack it really quick, cause there was already another one coming at me. It was awesome, I felt like Larry Fitzgerald catching cinderblocks when he was a kid (Mike will like that haha). I only dropped 6 out of like 500. I destroyed my hands though.

Anyways, I´m really short on time, and I´m dragging on here, this week has been good. Easter has been great, we´ve gotten so much chocolate this week, I´m starting to get fat haha. The members here love us, yesterday we walked home from church with our backpacks completely full of chocolate, it is crazy. Not to mention that Elder Elias received a package completely full of chocolate, it weighed 25 kilos. So we´re not eating too healthy this week haha.

But I´m outta time, and I gotta run and finish writing some letters, I´ll talk to you guys next week!! Até mais, tchau!

Love,

Elder Trevisanut

No comments:

Post a Comment