Monday, March 5, 2012

Elder Trevisanut - Dance Instructor?!

Oi tudo bem, todo mundo!!
 
Another week here in Prudentópolis, the 4th week of the transfer started today, it´s crazy, this transfer is already halfway over!! It has really passed by quick.
 
Anyways, this week has been... another week in Prudentópolis. We had a lot of disappointments this week, but a lot of good things happened too. The couple that I talked about before, who cut us, don´t want anything to do with us anymore, ever since his old preacher gave him that job, so that has been really frustrating. But we just gotta keep moving forward. We found a pretty good investigator about 3 weeks ago, and we´ve been visiting him pretty regularly, and he´s actually turning out ot be a really good investigator. Since we´ve been visiting him, he´s stopped smoking and drinking coffee, and he´s praying a lot more, and seeing a big difference in his life. The only problem is his work schedule, he couldn't make it to church yesterday, so his baptism date for the 11th of March fell through. But we rescheduled it for the 18th (the mission rule is that they have to go to church at least 2 times before they can be batpized). But he wants to be baptized, and he´s really progressing. So that´s exciting. We also have another couple that we are teaching, they are great, but they are having trouble with their Lutheran pastor also, he´s talking a lot of bad stuff about the church, and swaying them a lot. But we´ll see.
 
We also found a family in the area book that received a few lessons from some other elders a couple years ago, and when they got transferred, they just dropped them, so we stopped by their house on Saturday night at about 7:30, and they were really great! We talked and taught the first lesson, and stayed there until 9:30. We were a few minutes late gettting home that night.... But we are really excited about them. But yeah, that's all the missionary talk.
 
The branch is going well here too, I think we´re going to be holding a class in the next couple weeks to teach the youth how to dance (there was a youth conference last month, and none of them knew how). And I´m pretty sure I´m the one with the most experience dancing, so they want me to teach as much as I can. So Bailey, if you´re reading this, it´s time to put all of your training to the test! Haha.
 
Not much else has gone on this week, we have a zone conference in Guarapuava tomorrow, so it´ll be nice to see everyone and have a fun time there. And get letters for the first time in a month!! All of us out here in the interior have to wait forever to get mail.
Not much else this week happened, just trying to find people to teach, and working hard, it´s been another hot one, but i think summer just ended so it should cool down soon.
 
I don´t really have words to say about Rianne´s engagement, so I´ll just leave it at that haha. I´ll wait for her to tell me the story. I just really hope he didn´t propose at the Rexburg temple, please tell me he didn´t do that.... Haha
 
I´m sad that I missed Madison's baptism too, that sounded like a really great day, I wish I could´ve been there!
 
Anyways, I gotta get going, so I´ll finish up. I ate Mandioca for the first time this week, it´s kinda like a potato, but it´s way way better and really healthy, so if they have that in the United States, I recommend everyone buy some and try it! Anyways, that´s the latest from this side of the world, tchau, até mais!!!
 
Elder Trevisanut

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your investigators are doing well. Hopefully, he can go to church and then get baptized. That's great that he stopped smoking, that's hard!
    Have fun at Zone Conference, I loved them! It helped to pump up the spirtit and get you going again!
    Good luck, stay safe and we love you!
    ~Lisa & family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete