Monday, February 6, 2012

Progress finally happening in Prudentopolis!

Oi, tudo bem!!

Well, I am really short on time this week, so we´ll see how much I can write. This week, not too much has happened, it has been a really hard one, and we really didn´t get much accomplished, so it was really kind of a disappointing week. But what most people are saying, is that when you have weeks like this on the mission, you probably won´t have another one like it for a while, so I am hoping that´s true, cause it has been pretty rough.

This week we have really focused on working with the members, and it is crazy to see how much the branch has changed the past month or so, it´s pretty much exploded (in a good way). All the members have really come together, and they are actually getting out and doing their home teaching, visiting teaching, and even coming out to lessons with us sometimes. It really has been crazy to see, people who were less active when I got here, are now really strong members, and doing great work for the branch. It was funny this week, we were headed to an inactive´s house, and when we got there, there were already two branch members there doing their home teaching, it was awesome, progress is finally happening here in Prudentópolis. To top it all off, there is this family that we have been working with for abut a month or so that used to be really active in the church, but have been inactive for a while, that finally came to church yesterday! It was awesome, we have been doing family home evening with them every saturday night for the past month and a half or so, and they finally came yesterday. And the dad even bore his testimony during sacrament meeting yesterday, it was great. We really hope that they keep on coming, they are really awesome.

Also, we have been working a lot with Anderson, a member who was baptised about 3 years ago, and he is about 20 years old, he just put in his mission papers last week, but he´s been working with us a lot too, so we got a lot of lessons with a member present this week, which was good for our numbers. Anyways, sorry for all of that missionary talk, it´s probably kind of boring for every one else to read haha.

I am so jealous to hear about the Superbowl yesterday!!!! It sounded like a great game, I wish I was there sooooooo bad, I can´t even explain it haha. But it´s better that I am here. I pretty much got to watch it anyways, Mike gave me a pretty detailed explanation haha, and I´ll be able to watch football again in like 19 months, so it´s all good. Man, it has gone by fast, and every week it just goes faster and faster, I can´t believe it.

Anyways, I am out of time, so I should probably get off, sorry this weeks email was kind of boring, but this week has been kinda like that, transfers are coming up in one week from today, so who knows what might happen, I could definitely get transferred cause my training will be done, but Buerkle has been in the area for 3 already, so he´s definitely due for a transfer, so who knows? I guess we´ll see in a week or so!! Anyways, I hope all is well for all you guys, and for anyone else who is reading this, I miss you all, and I´ll talk to you later!!

Tchau tchau, até mais!!

Elder Trevisanut

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this next week, it will get better!!! You are doing a great job! Sometimes you don't see the fruits of your labor but you are planting the seeds!
    We love you!
    ~Aunt Lisa & family

    ReplyDelete