Tuesday, October 18, 2011

We all just want to go to Brazil really badly!

Oi!
How's it going? This week has been okay, a lot has happened, and it has been pretty long, but it's been good.
In response to your email, the language is coming along pretty good, it's continually growing every day. I don't really know how to explain my progress, but I can speak it pretty much, like my district does stuff like Portugues Lunches, where we only speak Portuges during lunch, and we can all pretty much say what we want to. Most of us are at the point where we know how to say most things, but we still have to think a little bit to translate it in our heads, but it's coming along. As I'm writing this, I keep making mistakes and writing stuff in Portugues instead of english, so that's a good sign I think. But this week has been pretty long. For some reason, they put the coat wearing rule back on, so we have to wear our suits EVERY DAY. It's pretty lame. It was cold for like 3 days, but then it went right back to hot every day, and they didnt take the rule off. So it's been SO hot in the classrooms every day, like 80 degrees. So that has made it so much harder to stay focused and study 10 hours a day. Not to mention the fact that we are all getting really stir crazy here. We all just want to go to Brazil really badly. But it's good, we'll all be outta here real soon.
This week my companion, Elder Frahm, had some issues, he has been struggling so much with the language, and I have been doing all I can to keep him going, but he kinda snapped one day and was about to just go home, and he went to the District President to talk about about it, and he was in there for about 3 or 4 hours, but when he came out, he had a completely different attitude, it was like night and day. And the very next day, he got his visa! It's funny how that worked out, haha.
Speaking of visa's, this week has been crazy. The rumor about the 100 visas coming in was completely true, the middle of this week, people were getting called in left and right getting their visa's. 40 or so from the MTC got their visa's ( including Elder Frahm and Sister Horkely from my district) and the rest were for people that have already been reassigned. But they aren't anticipating it will slow down any time soon. The lady at the travel office told me that if they had a REALLY lucky week, they would usually get 2 or 3 visas, so getting 100 in one week is like unheard of. She told me that she thinks all of the Brazil missionaries will be out of here within the month, and that's including the Elders who have come in after me. And it's completely random how they do it in Brazil, they don't send them based on how long they have been in, so who knows when mine will come in, it could be any day now. So keep the phone ready, cause when the visa comes in, I get to call home for 5 minutes, so be ready haha. It'll most likely be night time.
And this just in: word on the street this week is there are 85 more that came in, so a bunch more of us will find out in the next couple days. It's like the biggest news down here, so sorry if I seem super excited haha.
Not too much else is new this week though, just same old same old.i can't remember what I told you guys last week, but I have two ongoing investigators, Leo and Ronaldo, things were going good with them, but since Elder Frahm is leaving, my new companions are Elder Glenn and Elder Johnson, and I'll be teaching with their investigators now. Glenn and Johnson are awesome, so I don't mind. Here at the MTC, your whoel district is pretty much your companions, so it's not a big change for me, just no more Elder Frahm.
Anyways, I should probably hurry up and get off, I have a few more emails to send, but it was nice to hear from you, if anyone has questions or something just let me know haha. Or they can write or dear Elder me, those are always the best to get. The first two or three weeks I got at least one letter every day, but this week I only got one, so yeah, it definitely has a big effect on your mood, at least here at the MTC. Everyday is pretty much always the same, so any change for us is like gold. Liek the other day, there was a hot air balloon like a mile up in the sky, and we stared at it for like 10 minutes, cause it was like the biggest change we had seen for days haha.
Anyways, great to hear from you guys, and I'll talk to you next week!!

Sincerely,
Elder Trevisanut

No comments:

Post a Comment