Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Getting really stir crazy...

Oi! Tudo Bem!
This week has been interesting. In response to your email, the weather has been okay, it cooled down a bit, but it's still pretty hot.
Sorry if this letter is brief, I pretty much had to fight to get this computer, and like 10 minutes in, my whole message deleted, it's retarded. And I'm not in the mood to type it all again. The MTC has thinned out a little bit, but you cant really tell, there are 2800 missionaries here, and there are only 3 or 400 Brazilian missionaries, so you can hardly tell.
This wednesday was pretty crazy. Here in Provo alone, we got 75 visas. Elder Glenn, Johnson, Reeves and Hobbs got their visas. So now our district is down to 4 including me, it started at 11. And yes, I have new companions yet again. This is my 4th companionship, I'm with Elder Barkdull and Twitchell now, they're awesome, so it's all good. Sister Patton is also still here. Other than Elder Twitchell, who put his visa papers in a week before me, everyone in my district did their visa stuff after me, and they have all gotten to go to Brazil, so it's super lame, and pretty frustrating. None of us want to be here,and we're all getting really stir crazy every day. None of us ever thought we would have to go to Provo at all, so it doesn't even seem like we are even on our missions, it just seems like we've been here for an eternity. The outside world doesn't really exist to us any more haha. It still trips us out when we see the cars drive by when we go to the outside gates. And no, I don't know Elder Wardrop, like I said before, there are like 3 or 400 Brazil missionaries here, so we don't know them all. I know a bunch who have been reassigned though, a good friend of mine just got reassigned to Salt Lake, he was pretty bummed. And yeah, I got the package, it was great, the food was all awesome, and healthy, it was perfect. I get letter pretty often, I get like 3 or 4 a week, so it's not too bad. Letters are the best, they literally are one of the only things keeping us going here, so they are really important to us. One week I didnt get any, but some weeks I get one every day, so it's all in all pretty good. If any one wants to write though, feel free to! Or dear elder, dear elder is free for the MTC and it is same day delivery, so they are awesome too! Letters are the best, hands down.
This week I got called to be District Leader, which is pretty sweet. I could kinda tell I was going to get it, the Branch President really likes me. But then everyone got their visas, and now my district is only 4 people, so it's not as cool, but oh well, it's good to have the extra responsibility. At the MTC, being District Leader isn't a huge deal, but you get a little bit more responsibility. You technically have authority over the whole district, but all you really do is have like 2 extra hours of meetings on Sundays, you have to ask people to give prayers and stuff every day, and you have to report to your Branch President every week about your district. At the MTC, the Branch President is pretty much your mission president. The best part about being district leader is you get to be the one to get the mail every day, so that's awesome.
Also, I forgot to tell you, I had to give the talk in sacrament meeting last week. The way it works in my branch is, you are supposed to prepare a talk every week, and then during Sacrament meeting, the Branch President calls someone up, but they don't tell you who it is. So you don't have any time to get ready, you get about a 30 second warning till you have to go up and talk, so you better have a good talk prepared. And it's all in Portugues. But it was weird, i don't remember it at all, it was almost like an out of body experience, but everyone told me I did a really good job. Maybe that's why they called me as District Leader haha. It was good though.
Morgen Glessing also came in this week, we're on the same schedule, and we live in the same building, so I see him pretty often. He seems to be doing good, it's awesome having him here. I still see Brad Dial like 10 times a day too, so it's awesome.
Oh yeah, Richard G. Scott came for Devotional last week, it was pretty awesome, it was like the coolest thing ever.
Anyways, that's about it, every day is pretty much the same here. We all just really want to go to Brazil haha. But I should probably go, anyways, hopefully you get a call from me this week and hope everything is going good back home! Ate mais!

Elder Trevisanut

No comments:

Post a Comment